English Ideas for CS2D - READ THE FIRST POST (OP)!

3,011 replies
Goto Page
To the start Previous 1 2 ... 23 24 25 ... 150 151 Next To the start
24.03.13 11:06:02 pm
Up
Vladimir Putin
User
Offline Off
I think being able to select only parts of an image (frames) in lua would be a great idea.
We wouldn't have to use seperate images then and we would be able to put it into a single image and use it as a tileset or something.

I think it isn't too hard to implement and it's actually quite useful.
24.03.13 11:19:21 pm
Up
Avo
User
Offline Off
@user Vladimir Putin: Support yours.
24.03.13 11:24:08 pm
Up
Starkkz
Moderator
Offline Off
@user Vladimir Putin: Nice idea, I also have one.

To make a faster loading system for images we could have an initial function of images for Lua and it should be possible to use numbers in the path parameter for the image function.

Code:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
-- player = 1
-- player2 = 2
player1 = loadimage("gfx/sprites/ct1.bmp")
player2 = loadimage("gfx/sprites/t1.bmp")

-- image(1, 0, 0, 0)
-- image(2, 0, 0, 0)
image(player1, 0, 0, 0)
image(player2, 0, 0, 0)


So both ways could be useful for loading images, through a string path or a number path.
lol
27.03.13 10:18:41 am
Up
d0er
User
Offline Off
> Other splash
IMG:http://cs2d-big.do.am/CS2D-Download/Idea_unreal_cs2d.png


> Redactor splash
IMG:http://cs2d-big.do.am/CS2D-Download/asfasgsdgawefe.png
IMG:http://hellgatelondon.ru/i/bars/bar1.png
27.03.13 12:04:32 pm
Up
@user d0er:
That's just ugly as hell.

Admin/mod comment:

Removed the huge Quote. /ohaz
27.03.13 04:26:01 pm
Up
Infinite Rain
Reviewer
Offline Off
user Starkkz has written:
@user Vladimir Putin: Nice idea, I also have one.

To make a faster loading system for images we could have an initial function of images for Lua and it should be possible to use numbers in the path parameter for the image function.

Code:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
-- player = 1
-- player2 = 2
player1 = loadimage("gfx/sprites/ct1.bmp")
player2 = loadimage("gfx/sprites/t1.bmp")

-- image(1, 0, 0, 0)
-- image(2, 0, 0, 0)
image(player1, 0, 0, 0)
image(player2, 0, 0, 0)


So both ways could be useful for loading images, through a string path or a number path.

Support this, we need to make images faster!
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked. - Psalm 91:7-8 ESV
27.03.13 04:59:34 pm
Up
iii
User
Offline Off
and there should be a command in which you can get the object id of the image and alpha,blend x,y,length and high and things like that.
like imageinfo(id,value)
27.03.13 08:27:00 pm
Up
dragon_soldier12
User
Offline Off
user Avo has written:
bigger player skin. 96x96 each player skin
You're insane or blind.


he meant by each skin was 32x32 original. he want more resolution to the player skin.

EDT: PLEASE add a movable dynamic wall and Sprite waypoint

Dyn_Waypoint

point = x56
point2 = y85
add another point [yes,no]
move speed [-5]

Sprite_Waypoint
point = x56
point2 = y85
add another point [yes,no]
move speed [-5]
.


please if you implemented this for the next version or after.. you earned my respect.

i know your not allowed for more entities but. this is the key for a great singleplayer.
edited 2×, last 29.03.13 02:05:32 pm
itsjustrobhed experimental acount// excuse me DC
31.03.13 03:12:17 am
Up
cs2dpro678
User
Offline Off
About Heal Section: Need:
• Cookies (heal 15% players)
• Team Medkits (heal 100% something team players)
• Coffe (+3 speed - 40% health)
• Sugar (6%health)
• Alien Bandage (hurts 20% player)
• Science Bandage (20% chance heal 40 , and 80% chance hurt 75)
SUPER VINI678! cookies
31.03.13 10:49:27 am
Up
Iceath
User
Offline Off
@user cs2dpro678:

i dont think its gonna be implented...to much for Buymenu,and it isn't useful (homebrew speedhack-detecters,gonna detect if they use "Coffe" (+3 Speed)...

I think a new Gamemod should be implented,like in Call of Duty,if u get hurt,you get red screen,if your really hurt and nearly to die,you got everywhere red screen.

and if you rest a bit,just hide,you restore your health/screen.
31.03.13 10:56:06 am
Up
Snark
User
Offline Off
user Iceath has written:
I think a new Gamemod should be implented,like in Call of Duty,if u get hurt,you get red screen,if your really hurt and nearly to die,you got everywhere red screen.

and if you rest a bit,just hide,you restore your health/screen.

√ Lua.
03.04.13 09:02:25 am
Up
DeF3ct
User
Offline Off
1. Freeze-time weapon throwing
- In the freeze-time that you have before the round begins the drop function acts as a throwing function so you can throw weapons to teammates if they need it for quicker organization.

e.g. Player 1 can only buy kevlar & helm whereas Player 2 can only buy an AK. Player 1 buys the kevlar & helm while Player 2 throws the AK to him before the round begins.

Would help quite a bit in tournaments especially since everyone has their own money management so to speak.

2. Handgun shooting rate
- Change the handgun shooting rate to that of the quickness somebody can press their 'fire primary' button. It's used in all modern Counter-Strike games (e.g. CS:GO) and would be a great asset to 2D as then adds more skill to pistol rounds.
'There never was a good war, or a bad peace'IMG:http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu343/HarrisImages/DeF3ctSig.png
05.04.13 05:10:13 am
Up
Jynxxx
User
Offline Off
Weather like fog, dust, and smog should be kept inside wall barriers and not go over them.
05.04.13 09:02:43 pm
Up
_Yank
User
Offline Off
• An In-Game Server browser. (Like in CS 1.6)
• Find USGN Filter on Server browser.
• A sprite for Bullets
This may be a nice Idea but same time can lag the game or something and i dont know if already exists because i dont find that file on Gfx folder.

Some great ideas i see and like it

• Adding more 2 Skins to Zombie will be really cool
• The CS 1.6 grenade throwing style
Spoiler >
edited 1×, last 05.04.13 09:12:22 pm
05.04.13 09:09:18 pm
Up
Avo
User
Offline Off
user _Yank has written:
Find USGN Filter on Server browser.
If you mean searching for server someone's playing on, I have to say "no".
05.04.13 10:48:06 pm
Up
Alistaire
User
Offline Off
- Hudtxt should support \newline
- sv_sound3(x, y, volume) function to play a sound, in a similar way as an env_sound entity does, fading in volume over distance.
IMG:http://i.imgur.com/5zhwOTP.png
05.04.13 10:54:06 pm
Up
Avo
User
Offline Off
Nice ideas, Ali. I second that. Especially sv_sound3.
06.04.13 02:26:30 am
Up
VADemon
User
Offline Off
Sounds already fade over distance. But we can't:
1) control the volume
2) how fast volume fades
----
UPD: user Cure Pikachu cleared that up, sorry
edited 1×, last 06.04.13 05:18:40 am
06.04.13 02:53:25 am
Up
Cure Pikachu
User
Offline Off
@user VADemon: Env_Sound does fade over distance (at default settings). cs2d cmd sv_sound and cs2d cmd sv_sound2 however, doesn't.
edited 1×, last 14.09.13 05:49:26 am
IMG:https://i.imgur.com/uUrye71.png
IMG:https://i.imgur.com/xpsyQRX.png
10.04.13 01:38:18 pm
Up
DeF3ct
User
Offline Off
A spectating mode similar to cs 1.6 and cs: go where you can view the map and its players from the view you'd see in a mapexport.png. It'd be helpful in tournaments an such when streaming live.

Diagonal obstacles and walls (when you fade a wall with floor tile, half becomes wall and the other half the original floor).
'There never was a good war, or a bad peace'IMG:http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu343/HarrisImages/DeF3ctSig.png
To the start Previous 1 2 ... 23 24 25 ... 150 151 Next To the start